Saturday, November 20, 2010

back in the saddle again



Well.
I finally got to spend a bit of time sewing.

Well.
sort of sewing.
Is it sewing if it's paper?

I think it is....


I made 12 monthly journals as a gift for a dear friend
using double sided cardstock,
which I thought was a nice surprise on the inside :-)


I included 3 pages for listing 'gratitudes'
and 2/3 of a page per day
(3 days per 2 page spread)

These are really fun to make
and if you aren't trying to make a dozen at a time,
they go pretty quickly.


After doing a few, I decided I didn't like how it looked
machine sewing the pages in
so I ended up sewing that part by hand.


I pre-punched my holes with a thumbtack
so it went pretty quick

all ready for gifting

I hope she enjoys them.
And maybe,
I'll find some time to do other sewing soon, too!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh. You could sell these! They look super!
    By the way, which type of Anna Maria Horner fabric did you use for your quilt? Have you tried or seen the voiles and the velveteens? I read her take on them and think I'd like to give them a try on some dresses. input?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've considered it.... of course :-) I've considered selling lots of things... I just don't think anyone would be willing to pay what my time is worth, though....

    I love Anna's designs - but that's not what I used for the quilt; it was California Dreamin' by Jenean Morrison.
    I haven't seen either - but I have certainly heard (or rather - read) wonderful things about them!! pricey, though.

    ReplyDelete