I finally made my first buttercup bag.
I really like it
as I suspected
the purse is just not quite big enough
to be practical.
I was going to enlarge it from the get-go
I should just makeup the pattern as is...
Which I did.
I went ahead and added interfacing to the lining
and made the pocket a bit bigger, too.
besides enlarging the pattern
I'll also add stabilizer to the strap
and make it a few inches longer
while I'm at it.
This was going to be part of a graduation gift
for a sweet young gal;
her momma helped me pick out the fabric.
I'm glad she did
'cause these weren't any that I'd had in mind.
I do love the fabric combo
it was ridiculously hard to find anything
that even remotely went with that green.
I followed the directions to-the-letter
on this wallet, too.
I'm pleased with it
it took me way too long to make.
Sadly, the wallet is just too big for the purse
so it's back to the drawing board
the cutting mat...
Good thing I bought more fabric than I thought I'd need!